How to Apply
At Our Lady of the Elms School, we realize that the application process can sometimes be overwhelming. Our Admissions Director is here to guide you through the process and is happy to help with any questions or concerns you may have along the way. We realize that the forms, deadlines, interviews, and tours seem endless, but our aim is to get to know your family as you learn more about who we are. As you complete the application, enjoy the process of telling us about your family and daughter.
STEPS IN ADMISSIONS
- Contact our Director of Admissions
- Attend an Open House
- Take a Placement Test
- Schedule a Shadow Day to experience a typical day at the Elms
- Submit an Application
STUDENTS WISHING TO TRANSFER TO THE ELMS
Request an information package containing application materials.
Schedule a shadow day to see how it “feels” to be an Elms student.
Complete and submit the admission application along with copies of your report cards and standardized test scores for the last two academic years. Download our application.
If you are an international student, please contact Melanie Drouin for instructions on how to apply.
APPLICANTS FOR GRADE 9 FALL ENROLLMENT
- Learn more about Our Lady of the Elms School by attending our Open House. Registration for an Open House is not mandatory but helpful as we plan the event.
- Sunday, October 7, 2018, from 12 to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, November 11, 2018, from 12 to 2 p.m.
- Attend one of our fun-filled events:
- Elms Fall Fest, Saturday, September 29, 2018
- Middle School Dance Party (grades 6-8) on Friday, October 20, 2018, from 7-10 p.m.
- Spend the day with us! Shadowing an Elms girl for a day gives you a sneak peek of the typical day. To set up a shadow day, contact our Admissions Director Melanie Drouin at (330) 867-0918.
- Register to take the Scholarship/Placement Exam. There is a $20 test fee. Register online or by calling (330) 867-0918. The exam is given on:
- Saturday, October 6, 2018, 9 a.m.-12 noon or 1-4 p.m.
- Saturday, November 10, 2018, 9 a.m.-12 noon
- Complete the 2019-2020 Scholarship Application by Friday, November 16, 2018.
- In order to be considered for financial aid, parents are advised to complete the FACTS financial aid form by Friday, November 16, 2018.
- List Our Lady of the Elms as your first choice on the Diocese of Cleveland Application for Catholic high school. If you are currently attending an independent or public school, please download the application for admission.
- (Optional) Recommendations from teachers are accepted, but not mandatory.
- Watch for acceptance letter to arrive on or after February 15, 2019.